IRELAND, THE HOMELAND OF INFLUENTIAL AUTHORS OF THE WORLD LITERATURE AND CELTIC COUNTRY, KILLARNEY
Ireland having the mystical beauty of the North is a Celtic country full of breathtaking landscapes where you can see a thousand shades of green in the Northern Europe. Crowned as the “Capital of Literature” by Unesco and raised the most influential authors of the world.
ANCESTORS OF THE IRISH: THE CELTS
The Celts, the ancestors of the Irish are a community who discovered and settled in Ireland in the iron age. After the collapse of Rome, the Celts settled across Yozgat and Ankara. For that matter, the name Ankara stems from ankyra meaning “stopper” in Celtic.
KILLARNEY NATIONAL PARK
Mountains, picturesque killarney lakes, forests and the waterfall adds natural beauty to the region in Killarney National Park. If you tour Lough Lein lake by modern boats, you have the chance to see amazing Red Deer herds and White-tailed Sea Eagle in the region.
The main attraction of National Park is Muckross House and Gardens, a Victorian Mansion dating from the 19th century. ROSS CASTLE constructed in the 15th century by O’Donoghue clan and DINIS COTTAGE constructed by Hebert family are there for the visitors.
Now that you are in Killarney region, you must definitely see Moher Cliffs hosting the biggest sea bird colonies in Ireland and Giant’s Causeway in UNESCO World Heritage List, which resembles a honeycomb for some.
Meat and fish consumption in Irish cuisine is very common and almost all dishes are accompanied by potato. Vegetable dishes, soda bread, potato leek soup and famous banana desserts are among the local tastes.
THE RECOLLECTIONS OF IRELAND AND KILLARNEY
- The homeland of the most influential authors of the world, such as Samuel Beckett, Oscar Wilde, James Joyce, Bernard Shaw, W.B Yeats, Seamus Heaney, Bram Stoke and Jonathan Swift, Ireland was crowned the “Capital of Literature” by UNESCO.
- You cannot see people laughing that much, greeting people they do not know in any other place of the World.
- Ireland has managed to maintain their culture.
- Irish Pubs is the meeting point of Irish people.
- During famine in Ireland, the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire Abdülmecid sent food to this country by ships.
- Turkish barbers are a majority in Ireland.
- The European headquarters of the most prestigious technology companies such as Google, Facebook, Microsoft, etc. are in Dublin.
You can tour Killarney and the neighborhood by tour coaches named Jaunting Cars.